Litigation Legal Assistant/Paralegal
We have an immediate opening for a permanent Full-Time junior to intermediate Civil Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal hybrid to join us. Training and mentorship will be provided on the job.
You should have:
- a LAA certificate/diploma from a recognized BC institution;
- at least 1 consecutive year of experience as a litigation LAA in a BC Law Firm;
- knowledge of BC Supreme Court and Small Claims court rules;
- working knowledge of BC Online and court registry procedures;
- knowledge of BC Online, PCLaw, LTSA, Outlook , Adobe PDF, and general facility with computer programs would be an asset;
- the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently as well as in a team
- great organizational and time-management skills.
Your duties and abilities will include:
- Opening files;
- Filing documents online and in-person;
- assembling trial books and binders;
- performing searches through various legal channels;
- drafting correspondences and communicate with clients;
- scheduling meetings, XFDs, trials etc.;
- photocopying, scanning, and filing materials;
- scheduling appointments and maintaining a BF system;
- using PCLaw to perform billing and invoicing.
WWR offers competitive remuneration based on experience and an excellent benefit package.
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.COVID-19 precautions
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Building is locked down and no walk-ins are permitted; mask mandatory policy in the office; any and all clients are confined to large boardroom with mask requirement and social distancing; surfaces cleaned upon use and deep cleaned nightly.