The laws and regulations governing the film, television, video game and high tech industries and the Internet change very frequently. Let Wiebe Wittmann El-Khatib LLP help you navigate the legal maze.
At Wiebe Wittmann El-Khatib, we provide a wide range of services to clients in various entertainment and high tech sectors, including:
- Litigating copyright, trade-mark and other intellectual property disputes
- Prosecuting and defending breach of contract disputes
- Registering or negotiating the purchase of Internet domain names (URLs)
- Representing athletes in contract and endorsement negotiations
- Providing advice on provincial (BC Film) and federal (CAVCO) tax credit regimes for film and television
- Advising high tech companies on Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credits (“SHRED”) and other tax incentives
- Acting as production counsel for Canadian and United States producers, including major and mini-major studios
- Incorporation of companies, corporate structure, amalgamations and tax planning
- Negotiating above-the-line deals for actors, hosts, producers, directors and writers
- Seeking injunctive relief or encumbering properties and other creditor remedies
- Negotiating licensing, merchandising and distribution agreements for film, television and video game properties
With over twenty years experience, Wiebe Wittmann El-Khatib LLP can assist both large and small companies excel in the highly competitive and fast-paced entertainment, Internet and high tech industries.