The laws and regulations governing the film, television, video game and high tech industries and the Internet change very frequently. Let Wiebe Wittmann Robertson LLP help you navigate the legal maze.
At Wiebe Wittmann Robertson, we provide a wide range of services to clients in various entertainment and high tech sectors, including:
- Litigating copyright, trade-mark and other intellectual property disputes
- Prosecuting and defending breach of contract disputes
- Registering or negotiating the purchase of Internet domain names (URLs)
- Representing athletes in contract and endorsement negotiations
- Providing advice on provincial (BC Film) and federal (CAVCO) tax credit regimes for film and television
- Advising high tech companies on Scientific Research and Experimental Development tax credits (“SHRED”) and other tax incentives
- Acting as production counsel for Canadian and United States producers, including major and mini-major studios
- Incorporation of companies, corporate structure, amalgamations and tax planning
- Negotiating above-the-line deals for actors, hosts, producers, directors and writers
- Seeking injunctive relief or encumbering properties and other creditor remedies
- Negotiating licensing, merchandising and distribution agreements for film, television and video game properties
With over twenty years experience, Wiebe Wittmann Robertson LLP can assist both large and small companies excel in the highly competitive and fast-paced entertainment, Internet and high tech industries.